2010/01/12

Going Green... with avocados!


Spring is in the air???  No, not really.  But a girl can dream of greener days.  (Green is my favorite color, it's a happy color - and who doesn't need happy in their life?) 

I always get funny looks when people ask if I have any New Year Resolutions and my answer is "nope".  It's okay - I am not breaking any laws by not having them, I promise!  I can't help it, its just not my thing.  BUT as much as I am an "avoider of resolution making" (way too much like a committment), I do have an unofficial personal "goal" of making little dietary changes in the house.  One thing I have never been a huge fan of is pre-made, commercial salad dressings/ dips.  They always fall a bit short for me and I try to avoid buying them wherever possible.  But let's face it - raw veggies often need a friend to spice things up (salads, carrot sticks, celery, broccoli).  Here is one of my favorites...


Avocado Dressing/ Dip
1/2 ripe Haas avocado
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I love FAGE - really good + locally manufactured)
1/2 Tbs. Lime juice
1/2 Tbs. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper corns

Place ingredients in blender or food processor and mix until smooth.  1-2 Tbs. of EVOO can be added if you want the consistency to be more liquid for salad dressings.  Pair up with your favorite vegetable combination & enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!

Due to the high number of weirdo SPAM comments I have been receiving, I have turned comment moderation back on for the time being... Comments may show a slight delay.