2010/08/20

Sometimes things just work out in spite of ourselves (myself)....

Ok, so it's 7:30 at night (maybe a little closer to 8).  Long day at work.  Blah, blah, blah.  So what does this knuckle-headed girl decide to do?  Bake bread.  Honestly, not sure what I was thinking.  Just that I wanted bread for breadfast.  And of course I picked a recipe that I had never tried before (and one that I hadn't even read all the way through).  I tell you, I know that sometimes the elevator just isn't reaching the top floor when I get into these things. 

I actually had two batches of bread going -- one to let rise overnight in the refrigerator and this recipe for English Muffin Toasting Bread from the King Arthur website (of course) that I wanted to bake last night.  I would like to say that it was my superior bread-recipe logic skills that led me to this recipe, but dumb luck would probably be more accurate.  OBVIOUSLY Fortunately, once I started reading through the recipe, I saw that it only needed one rise and looked like it was going to be a fast riser.  WHEW. 


It turned out to be a beautiful riser - the dough acted very much like English Muffin Dough (shocker, duh, Cher it was a recipe for EM toasting bread).  About 45 minutes later it was ready to go into the oven.  And less than 90 minues after I started, I had a loaf of bread. 


I love homemade English Muffins - but I hate the personal attention you have to give to each muffin.  I can't help it - I am a "one and done" kind of chic.  And hey - any time you can get from scratch bread in an hour and a half... well, what more can a girl say.

Well, the wheat bread is about ready to go in the oven.  And goofy me, I forgot the pot of coffee I made almost an hour ago (but my cup with the cream in it is sitting next to the pot).  So, on to my pot of coffee and to enjoying a most beautiful Friday where I don't have to go to work!  I even got to take my 5 AM run at 7!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!

Due to the high number of weirdo SPAM comments I have been receiving, I have turned comment moderation back on for the time being... Comments may show a slight delay.