2011/03/17

"C" is for Cookie (Salted Butter Break-Ups)

Several members of the Cookie Monster family live in my house.  Seriously.  Picture an episode of Sesame Street.  Picture Cookie Monster noshing on a batch of cookies.  Plop that scene down into my kitchen.  It's like that. 


Now, The Runner Girl is a Cookie Monster to power of 10. (So much so that is one of her nick names.)  The Karate Kid would be Cookie Monster, Jr.  She is a little more discerning in her cookie eating adventures.  The Dude, well, it is what it is...


Now you would think that having Cookie Monsters in a house where the Chief Cook & Bottle Washer loves all things kitchen would be a great match up, no?  Yeah, one would think.  Unfortunately for the Cookie Monsters, the CC&BW (AKA "Mo-o-o-o-m-m-m-m!") doesn't have a lot of patience for things that require individual attention.  This is true.  (Now, I am certain that many of you can see the irony in the concept that a mother of two teenage daughters wouldn't have a lot of patience for high-maintenance things... )

Alas!  I think this same affliction is the same reason why I don't do well with "artsy-crafty" stuff.  (Although, I am still blaming it on the "arts & crafts" fairy passing me by.  But one big cookie.  Oh, mama!  This is right up my alley. 


The Cookie Monsters lurked close by during the process.  Not directly in the line of vision.  One was at the top of the stairs keeping an eye on the oven timer.  The other was in the living room - popping in every now and then to make sure the cookie was "really" going to be ready soon.  And The Dude just kept asking where dessert was.  (No comment). 

All I have to say is... Going....



Going...



Going...


...right into the hands and mouths of the Cookie Monsters.  (See, I have proof)

Whew! And none too soon.  Who knows where those Monsters would have turned if cookie satisfaction was not within fingers reach quickly enough?

This post participates in French Fridays with Dorie.  Come check out how the other FFwD'ers fared with their "break-up" sessions...

39 comments:

  1. It looks as if you were going for a nice glen plaid design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're monsters loved your efforts! Super easy eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cher, love your cookies, and glad the cookie monsters liked them too. Also loving your new blog layout. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design, Cher! I think I also have several cookie monsters in the house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like your first picture! Wasn't this a fun recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Cher...nice job with the cross hatching :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so easy to keep breaking off piece after piece, right?! glad you enjoyed

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know my family would enjoy this cookie. Your photos today are terrific. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Mine almost didn't make it out of the silpat either. These cookies were so much fun to make/eat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A whole family of cookie monsters! Lucky that you have so many "willing" taste testers. Your cookie looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun post! Glad your monsters were properly fed. I agree about not having a lot of patience for individual items...this cookie is perfect for us non-artsy/craftsy folks!! Love the photos of the monster hands breaking the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice looking cookie! Mine got nibbled on while still on the baking sheet too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Where's dessert?" Ah men! Amen?

    The idea of a giant cookie is so appealing. Very fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a cookie monster too! Glad your family enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Surprised the cookie monster was willing to only break off pieces and share with the rest of your clan because that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it's great when I don't "have" to eat a pan of cookies all by myself! I'm glad you had helpers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you satisfied all the cookie monsters in your house! Your cookie looks great! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A house filled with happy cookie monsters, hurray for mommy! There weren't enough crusts to go around for my monsters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Breaking up this cookie was the most fun part...even those not wanting a cookie size piece could break off just one bite.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cookie looked like mine and I had no problem giving it away;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute! Glad you have so many eager tasters!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful job! I'm sure your cookie monsters were thrilled with the results. The cross hatch pattern looks so pretty on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such an easy and delicious recipe! Don't tell the Monsters, but you could make just about any cookie recipe that way.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad you kept the cookie monsters at bay :) Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hilarious ! As usual. And gorgeous photos. I would like to have the entire outside crust that I am ogling in your photos. But then I am that person who bought the brownie pan that looks like and S and allows you to make all "edge" or crust brownies. Nana had a blast with this one and I am now working her over to make me a Butter Breton cake. We'll see. I loved the shot of the Cabot butter - hubby and I made it to Vermont for a long weekend and I ate the entire time. Love that state...and food :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. We have cookie monsters in our house too. Glad you liked this so much.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the pictures of the cookie monsters caught in the act! Also your plaid design has a great look. Cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I had lots of helpers at my house too and now requests for more cookies! These were so good, weren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hee, hee, I see that you, too, had some lurkers:) Yours are a bit more experienced and can feign indifference:)
    Love the photos of the disappearing act:)
    I loved the idea of one big cookie, so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  30. How cute! A plaid cookie!! Isn't it wonderful when the people you love really enjoy the food you make for them???

    And the perfect "cookie" for everyone! I had friends that declared that they'd really just like an individual "cookie" for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your cookie looks great and your cookie monsters look eager to get their hands on it! Too bad I'm the only cookie monster in my house. A dangerous position to be in!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nice job on the cross-hatching!! Your photos are great...we had a few cookie monsters over here, too! Understandably so, as these were so good!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Adorable post! Cookie monsters live here too - I'm sure they will love when I whip this one up next week!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Going, going, gone is right. Can't blame the cookie monsters for loving this recipe. Yours looks great and I enjoyed your post very much!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the pattern on your cookies. Very pretty. I'm glad your family liked these. I'm a runner and I love cookies too - maybe all that pounding makes us crave sweets??

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the pattern--and glad you had helpers...er, lurking cookie monsters to help you out with that cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Something about this definitely brings out the cookie monster in us all. Great cookie, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely photos of your lovely cookies. Good to hear they were appreciated! We are still debating cookie or cracker, but we are not debating whether or not we liked them...we did!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Cookie monsters! I love it!! Your cookie looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Hi - Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!

Due to the high number of weirdo SPAM comments I have been receiving, I have turned comment moderation back on for the time being... Comments may show a slight delay.