2011/06/30

It's kind of like this... (Chunky Beets & Icy Red Onion)

Howdy!  I would love to tell you all about this Beet & Onion salad, but it's kind of like this...


...at the moment, I am probably sitting on a beach somewhere several hundreds of miles away from home.  With a book in hand.  And my shades on.  Watching the ocean.  Or walking along the shore.  Or lighthouse hunting.  Or taking a nap.  Or eating.  Oh yeah, there must be food.  Maybe a lobster boil?  Or some crawfish.  It's all good, man.  It's all good.
 


It's vacation week!  Yeah. 


So, I shall leave you all with this oh-so-simple beet salad that I made.  But didn't eat. 

Beets were slowly roasted in the oven.  Skins removed when cooled.  Cubed & tossed with a Dijon viniagrette (Canning jars are my BFF's - what CAN'T you use them for???).  Onions were thinly sliced and tossed in at the end.  A little bit of basil for the "beauty shot".  Just because. 


If you want to know how it was...


...you'll have to ask my momma.  And my daddy.  :-)


See you next week.  Have a safe & happy 4th of July! 

This very post participates in French Fridays with Dorie

19 comments:

  1. Oh you tease! It sure seems like you are having a lot of fun. Have a great weekend and let us know how your parents liked the salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos for making this before you left on vacation! I'm not going anywhere but will be passing on this…no way will my hubby eat this! Safe travels...Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...you had us going there, Cher! You're one dedicated Dorista, and your parents must've been happy they got to eat your lovely salad. I want to come go on the same vacation as you, it sounds like MY kind of R&R! Have a lovely break ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great holiday Cher! The salad looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun on your vacation! The photos look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful vacay, sounds wonderful ;-)
    You are dedicated and your salad looks delicious, lucky parents;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun on vacation and your salad certainly looks tasty, hope you get to try this one again when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great time on your vacation! Glad that you got around to making this recipe ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pics! Have fun on the beach:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great salad and I know it was enjoyed. Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a fabulous time on your holiday! Hope your parents enjoyed their treat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your vacation is great...I'm sure it is way better than the beet/onion salad!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so impressed you made this, even though you were practically on your way out the door. I hope your parents enjoyed the salad and that you're enjoying your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great! I'm a little jealous of your holiday week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jealous of your beach adventures!! Wishing I could join you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you had a great vacation! I love those jars for shaking dressing. Couldn't live wihtout them. Your salad looks so beautifully pink.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You didn't eat the beets?? Silly! Hope you are having a fabulous time ... I won't pretend I'm not jealous, because I am. You must appreciate my honesty, at least!

    ReplyDelete

Hi - Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!

Due to the high number of weirdo SPAM comments I have been receiving, I have turned comment moderation back on for the time being... Comments may show a slight delay.