2011/09/24

Just for fun... (My Seven Links)

A few weeks ago, Easily Good Eats tagged to take part in a Seven Link Challenge.  Since I have been tied up with studying for my certification exam, this one fell a little bit behind; but here goes...

The pictures attached to this post are just random pictures about my life.  Because I felt like it...  (If you want to see pictures of the food, go to the links - I promise, they are all there.)


Random Picture #1 - Me at the summit of mountain - Adirondacks, NY

 The challenge has a very interesting concept, to highlight some of your own posts and then to nominate 5 bloggers. There are only two rules:

1) publish 7 links for the categories below

2) nominate up to 5 bloggers to take part


The Karate Kid & The Dude
Here goes:

1. The most beautiful post: 

End of the Driveway Friendships - for me, this one was the most beautiful because it was probably one of the most personal posts I have ever published.  It is probably one of the posts most true to "me". 

2. The most popular post

Michael Rostang's Double Chocolate Mousse Cake was my post popular with almost 250 hits.  I guess it shows that a little bit of gratuitous chocolate will reel them in every time...

Sometimes, this is what all the Runner Girls end up looking like after...
  
...running through the bog... This is a section of the cross county course from The Runner Girl's home course.  Yes, she has to run through this.  Now you can see where the mud comes from...
 3. The most controversial post:

Salmon & Tomatoes en papillote - I think I might have offended a couple of people.  Sorry about that...

4. The most helpful post:

This was a toss-up between Lentil Cookies and Browned Butter Brownies.  I was surprised at the interest in each. 

5. The post that was surprisingly successful:

Gnocchi w/ Pine Nuts, Radicchio & Prosciutto - I based the success of this post more on my family's reaction to the meal than blog hits.  I am so happy that gnocchi season is almost back (kind of...).  This post on parsnip gnocchi was a close second. 

Fortunately, not all of her sports are quite so dirty...
6. The post that did not get the attention it deserved:

Squid Ink Pasta w/ Caramelized Onion & Corn - I adored the flavors in this dish.  It was a beautiful use of seasonal sweet corn.  (And popovers were pretty fierce as well). 

7. The post I am most proud of:

Making this Spiced Chocolate Torte wrapped in Chocolate Ribbons - this cake was a labor of love.  Even though it wasn't perfect - I was like "hey, yeah, I can totally do that..." 

One last look at the beach from this summer's Outer Banks vacation.

Since I am so far behind the curve & almost everyone has done this, I won't tag anyone - but here are links to a few seven links from some of the FFwD crew.  I wish I could have rounded up all of the ones I have read through - there are so many great ones out there.  I hope you enjoy these as much as I did. 

Teresa of One Wet Foot
Elaine of California Living
Kathy of Bake Away with Me
Susan of Create Amazing Meals
Patty of Patty's Food
Maya of Foodiva's Kitchen

6 comments:

  1. Interesting. The link to Squid Ink Pasta w/ Caramelized Onion & Corn does not work

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Three-Cookies - Link fixed - thank you for leting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading through all your posts - and seeing photos of your family that we hear so much about.

    You're a sweetheart to mention me here!
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cher, I really enjoyed checking out some of your older posts! And loved seeing the photos of your lovely family! I'm also loving your new look! Great job on the seven links!
    Thank you so much for mentioning and linking to my blog...I appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to post some photos from your life, along with your seven links. I enjoyed looking through the links - there were some I'd missed and a couple of my favourites, too. Thanks for mentioning my post!

    ReplyDelete

Hi - Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!

Due to the high number of weirdo SPAM comments I have been receiving, I have turned comment moderation back on for the time being... Comments may show a slight delay.