2012/03/28

Not sure what this says about me...

Because I had nothing better to do (just kidding), I randomly ran a Wordle.




Anyhoo, since I know this is a "no judgement" zone, I'll throw it out to the universe.

On another note, The Runner Girl starts her final High School track season next week... It makes me feel very old.

 
Let's head off into another direction. I finally learned how to make popcorn on top of the stove. It's one of those things that's so stinkin' easy that I don't know why I haven't been doing it all along. I think it's because I felt like I was entering sacred territory. I grew up in a house where popcorn was "the snack". But I think that's a story for another day. Of course, now that I am a big girl, I get to put
big girl seasonings on my popcorn - truffle salt, za'atar, cayenne and of course the traditional garlic salt. I totally (heart) popcorn.

Allison over at the French Whisk was kind enough to share The Versatile Blogger Award  with me. Thank you, Allison.

Allison is cool because she is the only person I know that understands how traumatic it is to have to stick your hand inside of a chicken. She's cool for other reasons too, like her perspective on the world...


Here are 'da rules.


  • Add the award to your blog.
  • Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
  • Mention 7 random things about yourself.
  • List the rules.
  • Award to 15 bloggers.
  • Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog


  • Since I am already on the random trail:

    1) I live in the Adirondacks, but I have never been skiing.
    2) I hate, hate, hate camping; but I would gladly camp out in the woods if I were on an overnight hike.
    3) I have a bizarre recollection for numbers. I can't remember what I was thinking two minutes ago, but I can pull phone numbers from 15 years ago.
    4)  & 5) I work at the same company that my father did. Aside from fast food jobs in college, it's the only place I've ever worked & I've been there almost 19 years.
    6) I worked at Pizza Hut and Burger King to get through college.
    7) I was a vegetarian in college. If you want to know why, see #6.

    I am going to break the rules and gift this award to everyone :-) I think the food community is full of energetic and creative people & I enjoy interacting with everyone a lot.

    Well, it's now time for me to do something more productive. Like pack my lunch for work tomorrow. Or clean my bathroom. Or surf food blogs. Or write my next FFwD post. Nah, let's be real, I am going to finish watching American Idol and go to bed...

    Later!

    10 comments:

    1. Well, I do see the word "cookie" kind of front and center there. Maybe the baking universe is trying to tell you something. ;)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Congrats on the Versatile Blog Award!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Interesting facts. I guess you like McD's better now, probably sick of BK, or maybe not!

      ReplyDelete
    4. The secret to great stove top popcorn is having the right pan. I call dibs on Dad's old pan!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh, I am fairly certain that pan got sent to the curb a LONG time ago. That thing was so warped and scorched that it could hardly sit on the burner anymore.
        I found the pefect pan to sacrifice to the cause :-)

        Delete
    5. That is so cool you work at the same company that your dad did! It say a LOT for the company. Have a blessed day!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Congratulations on your blogger award! I would go camping if I could get room service,lol! This year's American Idol is excellent, I have several favorites but I never vote;-)

      ReplyDelete
    7. Congrats on the award it is much deserved - you are constantly churning out awesome recipes :D

      Cheers
      Choc Chip Uru

      ReplyDelete
    8. Congrats on the award, so well-deserving :)

      ps: and thanks for dropping into mine!

      ReplyDelete

    Hi - Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!

    Due to the high number of weirdo SPAM comments I have been receiving, I have turned comment moderation back on for the time being... Comments may show a slight delay.