2013/05/27

Of course it is... (Daring Bakers May '13: Swedish Prinsesstårta)

Short and sweet today - since this is the first rain-free day we've have in a couple of weeks, there are lots of projects awaiting...

When I saw this month's Daring Bakers challenge was a Swedish Princess Cake, I knew that fate had stepped in - because posting date fell two days after Runner Girl's 19th birthday and Runner Girl has always been my princess.

It was meant to be.


Since we were also celebrating The Dude's birthday, there was an Oreo cheesecake for him.


And a trifle by special request for my niece... (Because who can say "no" to their niece?)


(I hope to post these - with recipes, later... The trifle was so good - and so easy...)

For everyone celebrating Memorial Day today - have a safe holiday!

This post participates in The Daring Bakers. Korena of Korena in the Kitchen was our May Daring Bakers’ host and she delighted us with this beautiful Swedish Prinsesstårta! Thank you, Korena for an awesome challenge!

22 comments:

  1. wooooow... all of them look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prinsesstårta is great, haven't had one in ages. Nice dessert buffet you have going:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your princess cake looks great! :) Can't wait to see more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super desserts Cher! Hope you all had a great birthday and weekend. And let´s see those recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous trio of desserts! And happy belated birthday to Runner Girl and the Dude.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy moly that's a lot of deliciousness for a lot of celebrations! I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That princess cake is just beautiful - what a special birthday dessert for your gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, look at all those spectacular desserts! I hope your daughter liked her birthday cake - it's beautiful :) Thanks for baking with me this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness, Cher, your post takes my breath away, I think you baked even more birthday cakes than I did this month, I am speechless! Happy belated Birthday to your lovely daughter!
    P.S.. Hope I did not say anything wrong about your green asparagus soup and hope that you spent a wonderful long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...and, of course, Happy belated Birthday to "the Dude" also (I feel so silly using that name though)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll take the first and the last one - they look awesome! You are doing a great job to satisfy everyone's tastes ;)
    Happy birthdays to your folks!












    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of fun celebrations on your end! I love that trifle. I need to remember that for the week of the Fourth of July. I need a dessert and that would be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cake and such awesome goodies, bet you had a great party

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your princesstarta is gorgeous! The cheesecake and trifle are darn tempting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Triple gorgeous and delicious desserts!!! I could grab that Swedish princess cake and run ..but I'm sure someone already did just that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would not know where to start, these desserts look lovely!

    Cheers
    CCU

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow you were really busy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are all amazing! I'd love to see inside the Princess cake... and I love Oreos!... and I love trifle!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That cake looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my Gosh... lovely each one of them!!! great!

    ReplyDelete

Hi - Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!

Due to the high number of weirdo SPAM comments I have been receiving, I have turned comment moderation back on for the time being... Comments may show a slight delay.