2013/06/27

Getting my "round to it" on (Daring Bakers June '13: LIfe of Pie - Crack Pie)

Every once in a while, you get the nudge you need to do something that you were going to do anyways...

Need to give the bathroom a thorough scrubbing? Nothing like pending company to get that scrub brush in hand.

Want to clean out that spare room? Junk day is just around the corner - its the once a year chance to move that stuff out to the curb.

Trying to lose 5 pounds? Well, there is that upcoming wedding and THAT dress that you want to fit into. 

Having a firm deadline always helps. 


Sometimes, you just need the right motivation to get the deed done.

When I saw that this month's Daring Baker's challenge was pie and that one of the recommended recipes was the infamous Momofuku Milk Bar Crack Pie.

Now, I have made several recipes from the Milk Bar cook book - Compost Cookies have made their way to Runner Girl at school on more than one occasion, the Birthday Cake cake made an appearance last year, as well as the Apple Pie Layer Cake. I am totally ob-sessed with the Black Pepper Brioche (which also shows up in my house with pink peppercorns). A few others have popped up along the way as well, but somehow, I just skipped right over the Crack Pie.

Why?

I don't know.

Fortunately, The Daring Bakers challenge for this month gave me the kick in the pants I needed to make this oh-so-sweet, but oh-so-addicting dessert. It's like a really good pecan pie (sorry, I had to made the comparison) without the pecans and with an oatmeal cookie crust. I usually don't like my sweets so sweet, but here - it works. All the taste testers agreed - even the Fussy Ones.

Now, if only I could find the right motivation to finish painting my bedroom...



This post participates in The Daring Bakers. Rachael from pizzarossa was our lovely June 2013 Daring Bakers’ host and she had us whipping up delicious pies in our kitchens! Cream pies, fruit pies, chocolate pies, even crack pies! There’s nothing like pie! Since the recipe for Crack Pie can be found all over the interwebs, I won't regurgitate it for you - you can find it here on Bon Appetit's site.

Peace out. 

7 comments:

  1. It's true, isn't it - you need a motivator to get going on most things. I have been meaning to make this for ages and not quite got there. Good luck with the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cher, I always need motivation! Looks like it worked great for you with this pie! Absolutely delicious looking!
    I just finished painting my bathroom…good luck with the bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I'm actually just about to start scrubbing the bathroom in time for impending company :D Your crack pie looks fantastic! Thanks so much for baking with me this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cher, I saw the recipe for the famous pie a while back but also never got around to baking it - I find that name very interesting - now you are my motivation, if you say it is delicious, then it must be and that is all the motivation I need to finally, finally tackle that pie form the Momofoku Milk Bar cook book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I'm such a procrastinator - I always panic right before that firm deadline, but somehow it gets done... This pie and your description of its yumminess make me wish I'd made it this month, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black Pepper Brioche - do tell, sounds so exotic!

    ReplyDelete

Hi - Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!

Due to the high number of weirdo SPAM comments I have been receiving, I have turned comment moderation back on for the time being... Comments may show a slight delay.