2014/02/28

Food Blogger Cookbook Swap

It goes like this...

Girl plays around on Instagram.

Girl sees post about the Food Blogger Cookbook Swap.

Girl signs up.

Girl ships one under-utilized but still loved cookbook off.

Girl receives cookbook.

Girl is happy.

(Girl can be very easy to please.)


Girl spends a lot of time browsing through cookbook - so much so that she misses her deadline for cooking from the cookbook prior to the posting deadline.

Girl hangs her head in shame.

It kind of felt like Christmas, the morning that I picked up the package from Kellie at The Suburban Soapbox. It's always a good day when you get to pick up something from the Post Office that doesn't consist of a bill or junk mail, right?

It became an even better day when I opened the package up and saw that it was a copy of Martha Stewart's Dinner at Home. Now, I know that Ms. Martha has been getting herself into a bit of a pickle lately with some not-so-well-thought-out comments; but in spite of that, I can't help but appreciate her flair for putting together a spread worthy of entertaining.

Martha Stewart's Dinner at Home is a collection of 52 meal plans - sorted by season. The combination of Creamy Oyster Soup, paired with Crisp Ham and Cheese Sandwiches and Celery Root and Walnut Salad, followed by Pear and Dried Cherry Baked Custard has definitely caught my attention as winter selection. And the menu containing an Asparagus-Parmesan Tart, Shrimp in Saffron Broth, Couscous with Golden Raisins, topped off with Apricot-Almond Ice Cream Sandwiches has me yearning for spring in the worst way (not that it would take much right now). And summer, well forget about it - I want it all!

Thank you, Kellie for sending along such a lovely source of inspiration my way. That baked custard is definitely happening very soon! And... many thanks to Alyssa and Faith for putting this all together.

This post participated in the Food Blogger Cookbook Swap, hosted by Alyssa of www.EverydayMaven.com and Faith of http://www.anediblemosaic.com , I sent a cookbook to a food blogger and received this cookbook in return! The list of participating cookbook-swappers can be found below.

A Baker's House
An Edible Mosaic
avocado bravado
Blue Kale Road
Blueberries And Blessings
Cheap Recipe Blog
Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Create Amazing Meals
Cucina Kristina
Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Cupcake Project
Dinner is Served 1972
Done With Corn
Eats Well With Others
Everyday Maven
Flour Me With Love
From My Sweet Heart
girlichef
Great Food 360°
Healthy. Delicious.
I'm Gonna Cook That!
Je Mange la Ville
Karen's Kitchen Stories
Kitchen Treaty
Olive and Herb
OnTheMove-In The Galley
Our Best Bites
Paleo Gone Sassy
poet in the pantry
Rhubarb and Honey
Rocky Mountain Cooking
Shikha la mode
Shockingly Delicious
Sifting Focus
Spiceroots
Spoonful of Flavor
Tara's Multicultural Table
The Suburban Soapbox
The Whole Family's Food

9 comments:

  1. I loved this event & look forward to participating in more of them. It was really a great idea! I'm glad you got a book you like.

    You may have missed this deadline but I missed FFWD, yet again! I just couldn't bring myself to make a recipe that would feed 20 people...

    Have a lovely weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You made me chuckle with that post. What a fun post to read. I loved this event and enjoyed finding new blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a fun event wasn't it? This "girl" was happy too =) If it makes you feel any better, the mascarpone for the TwD cheese cake is still sitting in my fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Can't go wrong with a Martha Stewart cookbook. Even though she's made some nasty comments about us bloggers, but I digress :)
    Glad you participated! Going to check out some more of your recipes now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, what fun to receive a cookbook in the mail! I agree with you about Martha-- she does get a fair bit of bad press (some is deserved but as they say, any press is good press) but I still like her approach to recipes and entertaining and I continue to learn a lot from her cookbooks. One called Cakes is being well used at my house right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for participating in the swap and helping to make it a success! I'm happy that you were happy - getting packages always makes my day too. :) I love the book you got too - Martha's recipes are always wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of whole meals planned out - much like the features in Martha's magazines. What a cool book to have received!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a fun post. I have a couple Martha Stewart cookbooks but have never looked through this one. Thanks so much for participating and helping us make the swap a success!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great addition. Martha does have talent at putting things together, she just doesn't know how to edit what she says. Love that it has a the meals planned out.

    Oh, and great post!

    ReplyDelete

Hi - Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!

Due to the high number of weirdo SPAM comments I have been receiving, I have turned comment moderation back on for the time being... Comments may show a slight delay.