2014/03/20

On the small side... (Tuesdays with Dorie BwJ: Mocha Brownie Cake)

I have found that in life, many things are better when they are smaller.

Granted, there are some exceptions to this (for example, I wouldn't complain if my bank account were larger...), but overall being small isn't such a bad thing...

For example, when I am checking on to an airplane, I want my suitcase to be as SMALL (and lightweight as possible). No one wants to lug all that extra baggage around.

 
Speaking of extra baggage, we won't speak about waist sizes and how having a smaller one is more desirable.

Problems - who wouldn't prefer to deal with a small problem as opposed to a large, looming problem. This is especially true when it comes to cars and houses.

As I get older, I find that I am much happier with a smaller amount of "stuff" to take care of (although, I have yet to figure out how to downsize as much as I want to...)

See, smaller is better!


I have also decided that the smaller is best approach sometimes also applies to desserts. I love the grandeur and effect of a towering large layer cake, but sometimes there is a certain "specialness" when that same dessert is taken down a notch and served in miniature size.

This week's mocha brownie cake proved the perfect opportunity to "minify". Instead of one 9" cake, I divided up the batter between 12 small heart shaped molds and one 6" cake. Since I am not in the mood to talk about chocolate cake, I will keep the description to a minimum.

The chocolate lovers in my life really enjoyed this (especially warmed up with a dollop of ice cream).

Peace out.

This post participates in Tuesdays with Dorie. The recipe for Mocha Brownie cake can be found here.

5 comments:

  1. Hang on. You own 12 heart shaped mini molds? I love that. :-) I heart chocolate cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heart molds are awesome- sounds like a lot of work; I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those heart shaped molds. There is something great about single-serving desserts (although sometimes stopping at one serving is a struggle!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute are those!?! Single servings are always more fun!

    ReplyDelete

Hi - Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!

Due to the high number of weirdo SPAM comments I have been receiving, I have turned comment moderation back on for the time being... Comments may show a slight delay.