2014/10/21

One man's junk... (Tuesdays with Dorie BwJ: Puff Pastry Pizzettes)

There are a category of recipes that I call "non-recipe recipes". I see these as ideas that someone smarter than I had once upon a time.

"If you have leftover XYZ, you should do ABC."

Of course I should....Slaps hand to forehead.


Our last installment of Tuesdays with Dorie had us working with puff pastry, but left us with the dilemma of what to do with the left over scraps. (Because, why would anyone ever want to waste puff pastry?).

Fortunately, there are people who are clever enough to figure out how to re-purpose those scraps. In this instance, the leftovers were gathered up and given new life as an appetizer.

Roll 'em.

Cut 'em.

Put something on top of 'em.

Bake 'em.

Eat 'em.

The book suggested a topping of tomato and goat cheese. Being the consumate recipe follower that I am (not...) opted to use caramel apple butter. Apple butter, butter filled pastry - how could you go wrong?

I think it took me longer to write this post than it did to put these together...

One man's junk is another man's treasure and all that jazz.


This post participates in Tuesdays with Dorie. You can find the video where Michel Richard demonstrates his puff pastry skills here.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Um. Caramel apple butter? I still have some left over. You are killing me =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah.. that sounds really good! I love how you small you made them - though that can be quite dangerous..

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look delicious! Sometimes it really is the simple things in life...

    ReplyDelete

Hi - Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!

Due to the high number of weirdo SPAM comments I have been receiving, I have turned comment moderation back on for the time being... Comments may show a slight delay.