2014/12/07

Stuff on Toast... (French Fridays with Dorie: Tartine de Viande des Grisons)

As you can see this week's French Fridays with Dorie meal was served in the height of elegance. (Plastic eating utensils optional).

Stuff on toast...meet stuff on desk.

Sometimes, you need life to toss an easy one your way. 



This week's stuff on toast went like this: Air dried beef (either viande des grisons or bresaola), toasted walnuts, walnut oil, toasted bread.

I liked the bresaola, but I kept desiring capers and a good grainy mustard in lieu of the walnut stuff.

The taste buds want what the taste buds want.

Sadly, this is the last "stuff on toast" recipe from Around My French Table. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be the Creamy Mushrooms and Eggs (p. 163). The Goat Cheese and Strawberry (p. 42) was a close second. And how could any one forget the Nutella tartine (p. 387)? The rillettes also made pretty good "stuff on toast" fodder. 

What was your favorite "stuff on toast"?

XO

This post participates in French Fridays with Dorie

5 comments:

  1. The goat cheese and strawberry, hands down. But all the others were terrific, too. Capers and mustard would work really well with this one, but I was surprised at just how wonderfully the flavours came together with the walnuts on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful combination of goodies all on a slice of bread, sounds
    fantastic. Sorry about Joe's Mom, we are sending our condolences
    to you both. A sad time for all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES -the creamy mushrooms and eggs was one of my faves too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for the mushrooms and eggs. NOT the Nutella tartine for me. I love your work phone. It resembles the home phone I covet, one I saw earlier this week in a movie that took place in the 80s. I used to have one like it until I ran out of pieces to fix it.

    I'm sorry to hear about Joe's mother. Please send him my condolences, and to you too. Thinking of you both. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stuff on toast is very funny. I must try the goat cheese one as I love goat cheese. My condolences.

    ReplyDelete

Hi - Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!

Due to the high number of weirdo SPAM comments I have been receiving, I have turned comment moderation back on for the time being... Comments may show a slight delay.