2015/03/10

Revolution (Tuesdays with Dorie Baking Chez Moi: Lemon Madeleines)

Some one should take my Madeleine pan away.

The Madeleine gods have spoken and I have been found lacking - at a minimum, I should not be allowed to multi-task while baking.

One should not be attempting to make bread, dessert and dinner at the same time.

Something will suffer - why did it have to be dessert? 

Fortunately, a paring knife and powdered sugar can hide a world of sins.


Yes, I took a paring knife to the edges of my dessert to make them look less wonky. The sugar did the rest of the work. 


Fortunately, Madeleines are a forgiving cookie (or are they a cake - I still haven't figured it out).

Even though these were lacking their distinctive hump and may have sat in the pan a little too long, they were delicious and easy to make and had me wondering why I don't make them more often.

With their "make ahead" batter (they come out better if the batter spends the night in the fridge) and easy shaping (the pan does all the work), there is no reason not to enjoy these more often - as long as I can figure out how to focus on one thing at a time that is...

Peace out.

XO

This post participates in Tuesdays with Dorie.

20 comments:

  1. Ah, cookie...cake...they're both tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering why I don't make these more often too. Another thing to like about madeleines is most recipes only make 12, so none go to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it was wonderful to find out that the batter can sit in the fridge! I seem to mess up when I multitask, too---but glad your madeleines didn't suffer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that these are fairly easy to whip up and still so tasty! At least your madeleines did not end up worse for wear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You would never know if you hadn't told us, Cher! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds exactly like my life. Always multi-tasking, and something usually slips. They still look delicious though, and luckily the shape doesn't affect taste :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been known to leave out vital ingredients while multi-tasking! Your madeleines look lovely…and they were so good!
    I can’t believe all the snow on your deck…Spring is right around the corner!
    Where in Florida will you be? We are in the panhandle, one more week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look delicious with the powdered sugar - glad you enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. multitaskers anonymous members should unite! amazing what a sharp knife and powdered sugar can do in the kitchen. the good news is that they are easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As we like to say in our house...one recipe of madeleines makes two servings: one for my husband and one for me! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to know that with a paring knife and a dusting of powdered sugar helps! Your madeleines looks good and I would not mind joining you for tea! Mine has long gone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL - I have been known to take a paring knife to my baking, the last time was to the little Dorie puck cookies (palets de dames?). These would have tasted good, regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's amazing what a knife and some powdered sugar can do. They look good to me. I'm sure they were still tasty, even if you had to perform some artistry.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh man...just reading all the cooking and baking you had to do is giving me a dose of anxiety. :) I would have freaked out and probably ordered pizza. Still. Your madeleines look great and I'm sure everyone enjoyed every bite of them, yeah? They are soooo tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look delicious, Cher.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dinner, bread, AND a BCM recipe? That's ambitious! And I'm sure everyone loved them anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They do look good and you are right about them being forgiving. Glad they tasted as good as they look.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm always kitchen multitasking, too (and usually messing up something in the process)! but if they were delicious and look beautiful after a haircut and a sprinkle, then whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Multitasking in the kitchen does not work for me either. Must stay focused on one thing, and one thing only. :) Nice photo - has that old world style.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I feel your pain! I am notorious for getting more going at once than I can handle. I think these still turned out looking pretty great though. Good thing they were still tasty too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi - Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!

Due to the high number of weirdo SPAM comments I have been receiving, I have turned comment moderation back on for the time being... Comments may show a slight delay.