2015/03/17

Short and Sweet (Tuesdays with Dorie BwJ: Pebble Bread)

It's going to be a short Tuesday with Dorie post, my friends.

In less than 12 hours, I am leaving the frozen tundra to spend a few days under the sun.

It's been a long, cold winter and I am ready to see some temperatures on the upper side of the thermometer...


For this week's baking adventure, we embarked on a journey to Morocco with pebble bread - a bread made from a mixture of barley and regular flours that is traditionally baked on a bed of hot pebbles (hence the name and distinctive shape).

Since most of us do not have a bed of hot pebbles laying around, we made use with a hot skillet and a broiler. There were a couple of other unusual techniques involved...if you want to know more, check out the link to the recipe at the bottom of the post.

We enjoyed these simple flat breads with a beef stew.


This post participates in Tuesdays with Dorie. The recipe for Pebble Bread can be found here.

6 comments:

  1. This bread is so interesting and I'm so impressed with the final product. I bet it was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soooo wanted to make these, but the barley flour and the "best eaten the day they are made" kind of discouraged me. Have a wonderful trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip. Glad you squeezed this one in before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. I'm hoping to make these soon. Yours came out beautifully. Enjoy the sun! (I'm very jealous.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't make this one because I'm at the beach right now! If you're coming to the Florida panhandle, it's lovely here! High 70s, low 80s, gorgeous! Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Hi - Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!

Due to the high number of weirdo SPAM comments I have been receiving, I have turned comment moderation back on for the time being... Comments may show a slight delay.