2015/04/13

I've got hope... (Tuesdays wit Dorie BwJ: Sweet Ricotta Pie)

One of the things that I really enjoy about cooking my way through cookbooks is that I am often challenged to make things that I would never consider if left to my own devices.

This ricotta pie falls into that camp.

 
Creamy ricotta filling + sweet pasta frolla dough = my kind of pie.
 
The original recipe called for anisette flavoring - something that I am totally not on board with. I swapped it out for almond extract and was pretty pleased with the result. We had this pie (along with the limoncello cupcakes) for Easter dessert.


Now, lattice tops and I usually don't play very nice together. I am not sure if it was the dough or if I was just having a good day, but this was one of the best lattices that I have ever pulled off. It gives me hope...

 
This post participates in Tuesdays with Dorie.

2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! Here in Naples, they have a ricotta pie as their seasonal Easter dessert. Like every sweet down here, it's flavored with candied orange rind. I like your almond extract idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lattice is perfect! Glad you liked this one as well. Pretty simple to make.

    ReplyDelete

Hi - Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!

Due to the high number of weirdo SPAM comments I have been receiving, I have turned comment moderation back on for the time being... Comments may show a slight delay.