2015/05/12

Keep it simple (Tuesdays with Dorie Baking Chez Moi: Nutella Buttons)

It only takes a little change to turn something ordinary into extraordinary.

A strand of pearls against a simple black dress.

A vibrant painting on an otherwise blank wall.

A single flower in a vase.

Nothing ostentatious or over the top - just enough to say "Hey, I'm here"



I like my desserts that way.

Clean, simple flavors with a hint of something else.

That is what I liked about this week's Tuesday's with Dorie recipe.

Simple vanilla cakes with a hidden center of something else (I used the suggested Nutella filling).

These mini-cakes are intended to be made in mini-cupcake tins; however, since I don't own one (nor do I intend to buy one), I opted to use this mini petit four mold that never seems to get enough use. I did slightly overfill the molds two rounds in the oven (some may call that lazy, I called it practical).

For those three people in the Universe that don't like Nutella, I am sure these little cakes would work with a variety of different fillings (curd, jam, caramel) or even a small chunk of fruit in the center (perhaps a raspberry).

Chocolate ganache was recommended as the topping, but melted Nutella worked just as well...Because. Nutella.

Enough said.

Like I really needed an excuse to #eatmorecake.


This post participates in Tuesdays with Dorie. The recipe for Nutella Buttons can be found here.

9 comments:

  1. Seems like a perfect excuse to use your mini petit four mold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the molds-they look so fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your molds Cher - they are SO cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the molds, do not like nutella. But hubby loves it so I could not pass
    this one up. I am going to take this cookbook away from him, he is picking
    his favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative! Your Nutella "buttons" are sophisticated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your practicality. I borrowed a mini muffin tin from a neighbor. I am not buying any more kitchen gadgets. My son would be one of the 3 people that do not like nutella. I left some of them plain and just the ganache, he liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that mold you have. glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, it is cute and looks delicious. I have a jar of cocoa spread, just great for this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are too cute!!! I like the idea of a raspberry in the middle!

    ReplyDelete

Hi - Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!

Due to the high number of weirdo SPAM comments I have been receiving, I have turned comment moderation back on for the time being... Comments may show a slight delay.