2015/09/14

Someone else has that covered... (Tuesdays with Dorie BwJ: Twice Baked Brioche)

I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with leftovers.

Some days, I welcome them with open arms (I'm looking at you lasagna); other times, not so much (tuna casserole).

Pizza - I'm in.

Leftover chicken. Blech.

Somewhere, I am sure that there is a path of reasoning that determines what works and what doesn't. I haven't figured it out yet.

Some people have the ability to go all Tamar Adler on their leftovers and create everlasting meals.

Based on the number of leftovers that molder in my refrigerator (and the related weekly clean-out of said leftovers), clearly I am not that person...



Fortunately, my polar opposites run amok in the Universe and those more leftover inclined than I have spread their wisdom throughout.

For example, day old brioche (studded with dried cherries) gets a second life when dunked in an orange syrup, is slathered with almond cream and baked a second time. Who comes up with these ideas??? (Not me - I would have turned it into French toast or something like that. Which sounds like a pretty tasty idea right about now...).

Since I already had brioche dough lounging in the freezer from our tearful tart experiment , this recipe really was a breeze.

Thank goodness for those leftover-amokers...

This post participates in Tuesdays with Dorie. The recipe for Twice-Baked Brioche can be found here.

9 comments:

  1. I hate leftovers. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a leftover I can get behind. I aim to make this this weekend if the stars align.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like the kind of leftovers I could take to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This brioche would be on my preferred list. Yours looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That twice baked brioche has haunted my days since I bought the book, and I've yet to make them! Me and leftover pasta = eternal bliss!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love leftovers, but I'm also very lazy...hahaha! I liked this recipe a lot...wish is tried it with dried cherries like you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So who has leftover brioche dough in the freezer anyway? That's impressive all on its own. Yours, twice-baked, looks rather tasty. As for Tamar Adler, a good reminder to re-visit her. As for leftovers, yeah, I feel your pain. I either have to eat more or cook less or find more people who will take my food! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cher, This looks and sounds delicious! I'm really in the mood to bake, and Brioche sounds like the perfect project! Enjoy your weekend with the ladies…wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks and sounds yummy! I have to say that I am with you on leftovers - I have some odd things that I will eat, and others - no thank you! Fortunately, sometimes my brother and his wife are the recipients (if we've been together) - my sister in law: finally, your brother gets a good meal!! or my book club friends. But re-working - not usually for me! This, however, would be great!

    BTW, I didn't realize that I hadn't signed up to get emails for your posts - I have now! Hope you are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi - Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!

Due to the high number of weirdo SPAM comments I have been receiving, I have turned comment moderation back on for the time being... Comments may show a slight delay.