2016/07/02

Catching Up (Tuesdays with Dorie Baking Chez Moi: A major make up post)

Since I have a four-day weekend with minimal obligations (thank you, Universe), I am ripping off the blogging band-aid and catching up on posting a few months of Tuesdays with Dorie recipes. Made on time, but languishing in "Never-Never Land".

Without further ado...

Cocoa Crunch Meringue Sandwiches
The Cocoa Crunch Meringue Sandwiches were one of those treats that could be very dangerous to the chocolate lovers in the house if I didn't actually have to make them first. Fortunately, my aversion to making cookies will save the family.

Cherry Crumb Tart
Unfortunately, I don't mind making tarts and I love cherries. This Cherry Crumb Tart was a keeper.

Betty's Chocoholic Cake 
Betty's Chocoholic Cake was a very rich dessert that is sure to please extreme chocolate lovers. Be sure to break out the good chocolate (and make sure you have a pint of vanilla ice cream on hand to temper the richness).

Tropezienne
For Runner Girl's 22nd birthday, something fresh and sweet was in order. A minified version (I used a 6" springform) was just right for our small celebration. Brioche, pastry cream and fresh raspberries came together perfectly to form this dessert.

Rice Pudding with Strawberries and Spiced Hibiscus Syrup
Now, I know that rice pudding is a love it or leave it kind of treat. Personally, I am on "team love". Dorie's version pairs an Arborio rice based pudding with fresh berries and a hibiscus and spice infused syrup. This syrup packs a major flavor punch and is pretty versatile (cocktail, anyone?). Another keeper.

Rose Frasier
Last, but not least in this Tuesdays with Dorie: Baking Chez Moi roundup is Dorie's Rose Frasier. The yogurt cake flavored with ginger and lemon zest alone made this recipe another keeper. Strawberries and stabilized pastry cream rounded out the dessert. Instead of the suggested currant jelly glaze, I chose to soak the top layer with leftover hibiscus syrup.

All caught up...

This post participates in Tuesdays with Dorie - an online cooking group that is currently making its way through Dorie Greenspans's Baking Chez Moi. The group is not too far into baking our way through this book, so there is plenty of time to pick up a copy and start baking along...


4 comments:

  1. That's quite a catch up! And they all seem to have been winners for you, which is great. I'm glad you can refrain from baking cookies to 'save the family.' Unfortunately, I don't have the same restraint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great round up. Everything looks as delicious as I remember it tasting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is much easier to keep up with the baking than blogging. Glad you were able to stop by this week:) Happy summer.

    ReplyDelete

Hi - Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!

Due to the high number of weirdo SPAM comments I have been receiving, I have turned comment moderation back on for the time being... Comments may show a slight delay.