2016/07/02

Natural, or not... (Tuesdays with Dorie BwJ: A major make up session)

Since I am way behind at, well, everything... this is going to be one great big ol' make up Baking with Julia post. I started writing this post in April.
_____________________________________

Sometimes, even nature needs a helping hand.

Heck, once I hit the age of forty, I realized that nature needed a lot of helping hands.

Please don't get too close to the roots of my hair the week before my appointment with my hairdresser - you may not like what you see.

Sephora and I - we are totally BFF's forever. There's a reason I earned that VIB card.

Pain de Campaigne
Pain de champagne is a rustic sourdough loaf - often made with wild yeast. However, like so many other things in life, I decided to provide an enhancement of my own - a "glop" of sourdough starter from my refrigerator. 


Perisan Naan
Also, on deck Persian Naan. To me, flatbreads are gateway breads - they make you realize that all sorts of bread things are possible. Enough said.  

Cinnamon Chocolate Beignets
Next on deck were these cinnamon chocolate beignets. Deep fried, filled with banana and dangerous.

Danish Slice (errr... braid, that is)
Next came the month of all things Danish. This Danish slice (um, braid) was filled with a creamy cheese filling and apricot jam. 

Danish Pinwheels
The Danish pinwheels had to be one of my all-time favorite recipes from Baking with Julia. The Danish dough was a dream to work with and the end product was something pretty special. 

Cocoa Nests with Salted Chocolate Caramel Mousse
It was a Tuesdays with Dorie: Baking with Julia/ Cook the Book Fridays: My Paris Kitchen mash up when I paired the Cocoa Nests (chocolate meringues) with David L's Salted Chocolate Caramel Mousse. It was a decision that I did not regret. 

Crispy Cocoa Cookies
Last, but not least we finished the month of chocolate with crispy cocoa cookies. Simple, make ahead and tasty. What's not to love?

This post participates in Tuesdays with Dorie. The recipe for pain de champagne can be found here and Beatrice Ojakangas's Danish pastry recipe can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!

Due to the high number of weirdo SPAM comments I have been receiving, I have turned comment moderation back on for the time being... Comments may show a slight delay.